Accessible Tourism - arabaturismo
Institutions and companies from Álava work hand in hand to ensure the that residents and visitors alike can enjoy our tourist attractions through programs that promote accessibility in museums, restaurants, wineries, natural parks, etc. The ultimate goal is to satisfy everyone’s right to enjoy their leisure time and tourist information tailored to everyone’s needs.
Among other plans, we suggest:
• Discovering our palaces and museums.
• Enjoying our extensive network of natural parks through inclusive eco tours.
• Marvelling at the Salt Valley landscape and its 5,500 overlapping salterns.
• Touring Rioja Alavesa, its medieval towns surrounded by vineyards and the cellars of its wineries.
• Walking our trails and experiencing our nature.
• Visiting Vitoria-Gasteiz and all of its charms.
Walks through history
Álava is dotted with countless secrets that whisper stories about our history. Wherever you look there is a monastery, a palace, a tower house or an archaeological site. Endless spaces in which to delve into the past and, which day by day, are being adapted to open their doors to people with functional diversity.
- TOWER OF THE VARONAS
- ARTZINIEGA ETHNOGRAPHIC MUSEUM
- IRUÑA-VELEIA ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE
- SALVATIERRRA HISTORIC CENTRE
- CHURCH OF ARBULU
The wine culture
Rioja Alavesa is one of the province’s jewels. This region captures the best of our land and transforms it into exceptional wine. Rioja Alavesa also blends and combines other factors that make it unique: heritage and modernity go hand in hand and delight us with countless mysteries that beg to be solved.
- VISIT TO THE LAGUARDIA
- CHURCH OF SANTA MARIA DE LOS REYES
- BARBACANA CELTIBERIAN POND
- VALDEMAR WINERY
- FAUSTINO WINERY
- VIÑA REAL WINERY
- BAIGORRI WINERY
- VILLA-LUCÍA WINE INTERPRETATION CENTRE
- WINE OIL SPA VILLA DE LAGUARDIA
- RIOJA ALAVESA AND ITS WINE ROUTE
Discovering great unknowns
Álava is steeped in great mysteries and boasts endless experiences: water, salt, garden, wood... Unique, unrivalled experiences that arouse curiosity to feed on knowledge and so to return to daily life wiser, more educated, more alive.
Our Nature at your fingertips
If Álava is anything, it is nature. Green reigns over the territory’s four cardinal points. Mountains, valleys, forests..., all criss-crossed by paths and trails. A good few of these are adapted so that they can be visited by people with functional diversity.
Vitoria-Gasteiz, capital of Álava and Euskadi, is a thousand-year-old city with a rich historical and artistic heritage, and a passion for culture and sports. Its old quarter or Medieval Almond-shaped centre is accessible for those with reduced mobility thanks to mechanical travelators and lifts.
Travellers have a wide variety of inclusive routes and guided tours around the city’s main tourist attractions. In addition, all its museums are fully accessible, with services for people with motor difficulties and offer free wheelchairs for visits.